We are actively seeking investment opportunities in companies which meet the following criteria:
- Located in North Carolina or a contiguous state (closer to Charlotte is better!)
- Experienced, dedicated, and motivated management and advisory team
- Sound business concept
- Technology or business model advantage
- Addressing a large target market
A good fit for us is an investment of $50,000 – $150,000 in a company seeking to raise a total of $200,000 – $1,000,000. All investments will be in the form of equity or convertible debt.
We use Gust to manage our submission process. Registering with Gust (it’s free) will allow you to complete a profile and upload relevant documents. This information can then be kept private, shared with selected potential investors, or shared with all potential investors. Please create a Gust profile and share that profile with us.
Our process is as follows:
- We conduct screening of investment candidates on an ongoing basis. Invited companies will be asked to deliver their presentation plus Q&A in a 20 minute time slot to our Administrator plus selected other fund members. Companies that have been screened will either be asked to present to our members, continue to have their progress monitored for possible future invitation to present to our members, or advised that they do not meet our criteria for investment.
- Our general membership meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month. At this meeting invited companies will have a 20 minute time slot for their presentation plus Q&A. At the conclusion of each meeting our members are asked to indicate which, if any, of the presenters they feel should move into our due diligence process.
- Due diligence takes place during the 30 day period following the presentation, with a due diligence report and investment recommendation provided to our members for their consideration at the next month’s membership meeting. The group then votes as to whether or not it wishes to proceed with an investment.